Current Job Openings at CMS/W
Visiting Scholars and Postdoctoral Fellows and Associates
Visiting Scholars are our way of facilitating the residency of a limited number of distinguished scholars from other academic institutions or accomplished professionals whose expertise coincides with current research groups. The program is part of its mission of working across disciplines, cultures, and communities. Visiting Scholar positions are non-compensated appointments established to accommodate the scholars’ research and enrich the CMS/W research community.
Postdoctoral Associates are usually associated with one of our research groups as well. They come to MIT to develop their scholarly competence, working under the supervision of MIT faculty members. As these positions become available, they are either announced below and on MIT’s job listings web site and advertised in professional and scholarly publications.
Postdoctoral Fellows come to MIT with grants or fellowships from outside funding agencies or government entities, in order to develop their scholarly and research skills. Funding must be secured prior to making an application for appointment as a Postdoctoral Fellow, and the dates of the appointment must match the dates of the funding.
Read the full details about the benefits and processes of each.
Other Positions in Media and Science Writing
- Science Writer/Curator, TED
- Staff Writer, LiveScience
- Tech Podcaster, CUNY Graduate School of Journalism
- Animation Team, Riot Games
- Science Editor, Slate
- Interaction Designer, Amazon
- Teaching Professor, Computational Media, University of California Santa Cruz
- Assistant Professor of Media Arts, Marist College
- Creative and Digital Resource Manager, Saatchi & Saatchi
- Staff Writer, MIT School of Engineering
- Social Media Manager, EdX
- Director, Documentary Photography Project, Open Society Foundations
- Digital Games and Interactive Media, University of California, Irvine
- Associate Editor, IEEE Spectrum
- Art Director/Communication Designer, Facebook
- Digital and Mobile Media Studies – Faculty, Northwestern University, Qatar campus
- Director, Business Development, Mobile Games, Fox Film and Television
- Assisant Professor, Cinema Studies, NYU Tisch
- Senior Digital Writer/Editor, NYU Langone Medical Center
We run a vibrant LinkedIn networking group. Join to reach out to any of the 850+ members, including nearly 100 alumni.