Current Job Openings at CMS/W
Visiting Scholars and Postdoctoral Fellows
Visiting Scholars are our way of facilitating the residency of a limited number of distinguished scholars from other academic institutions or accomplished professionals whose expertise coincides with current research groups. The program is part of its mission of working across disciplines, cultures, and communities. Visiting Scholar positions are non-compensated appointments established to accommodate the scholars’ research and enrich the CMS/W research community.
Postdoctoral Fellows come to MIT with grants or fellowships from outside funding agencies or government entities, in order to develop their scholarly and research skills. Funding must be secured prior to making an application for appointment as a Postdoctoral Fellow, and the dates of the appointment must match the dates of the funding.
Read the full details about the benefits and processes of each.
Jobs Elsewhere in Media and Science Writing
- Data Visualization Developer, The Hechinger Report
- Director of the Center for the Humanities, Virginia Tech
- Assistant Professor of Emerging Media Studies, Game Studies, College of Communication, Boston University
- Producer, Games, Marvel Studios
- Assistant/Associate Professor in Visual Journalism, Emerson College
- Assistant/Associate Professor in Multimedia Community Journalism, Emerson College
- Art Director, Games, Entertainment One