- This event has passed.
CMS Thesis Day 2020!
Friday, April 10, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join us as we host our class of ’20 Comparative Media Studies graduate students as they present their master’s theses (virtually this year, sigh). View live via Zoom: https://mit.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_oxtCd1DyTy6VglFFEy6jDQ. Presentation order subject to change.
- Sam Mendez, “Health Equity Rituals: A Case for the Ritual View of Communication in an Era of Precision Medicine”
- Annie Wang, “Creators, Classrooms, and Cells: Designing for the Benefits and Limitations of Learning In Immersive Virtual Reality”
- Iago Bojczuk Camargo, “Connecting Brazilian Rural Schools to the ‘Global Village’: A Critical Assessment of the Geostationary Defense and Strategic Communications Satellite (SGDC-1)”
- Han Su, “Theory and Practice Towards A Decentralized Internet”
- Anna Chung, “Avoiding “The Algorithm”: Examining anti-algorithmic practices on social media and designing for user agency on algorithm-driven platforms”
- Ben Silverman, “Fursonas: Furries, Community, and Identity Online”
- Elizabeth Borneman, “Data Visualizations for Perspective Shifts and Community Cohesion”
- Judy Heflin, “The Poetics of Latent Space: Computer-generated Literature and the Vectorized Word”