- This event has passed.
Comparative Media Studies Thesis Day
Friday, April 4, 2014 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join CMS/W for thesis presentations by students in the Comparative Media Studies masters program. Free and open to the public.
10:00-10:30 Coffee and Conversation
10:30 Presentations by:
- Lingyuxiu Zhong “My Pins are My Dreams: Pinterest, Collective Daydreams, and the Aspirational Gap”
- Eduardo Marisca Alvarez “Playful Ventures: Technology Entrepreneurship and Peripheral Innovation in the Peruvian Game Industry”
- Julie Fischer “Creat[e L]ive Treatment of Actuality: Live Documentary Practices for the Rise of Real Time”
12:30 Lunch Break
1:30 Presentations by:
- Rodrigo Davies “Civic Crowdfunding: Participatory Communities, Entrepreneurs and the Political Economy of Place”
- Denise Cheng “The Future of Work: Blueprints for a Worker Support Infrastructure in the Peer Economy”
- Erica Deahl “Better the Data You Know: Developing Youth Data Literacy in Schools and Informal Learning Environments”
- Jason Lipshin “Network Design: A Theory of Scale for Ubiquitous Computing”