- This event has passed.
Play Labs Demo Day
Tuesday, August 14, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Come join us for Play Labs’ Demo Day @ MIT, a playful tech accelerator hosted by the MIT Game Lab.
6:00-6:30 Registration and intros
6:30-8:00 Batch 2 Company Pitches
8:00-9:00 Networking and Hands On Demos
Summary of Startups
Batch 2 consists of 10 startups working with playful tech, including VR/AR/AR/esports for entertainment, gaming, and business applications. The second batch spans a wide breadth of categories, including:
- eSports (2 startups)
- VR/AR (2 startups)
- Educational Technology (2 startups)
- Blockchain (2 startups)
- AI & Machine Vision (2 startups)
- Voice Applications (2 startups)
The following is a list of the startups in the 2018 batch (in alphabetical order):
- BitMovio is a blockchain enabled video entertainment marketplace, connecting forward-thinking content creators with passionate consumers.
- BlocksCAD 3D modeling software fills a critical need for teachers in elementary and middle schools seeking ways to leverage engaging 3D printers with teaching math and coding fundamentals.
- BUTTON WALLET is developing a multi-crypto-currency wallet called BUTTON and crypto exchange which works inside Telegram (the key messaging platform in the crypto/blockchain industry).
- InTheGame creates apps gamifying the viewing experience of esports and live broadcasts, powered by our computer vision & ai technology.
- LUI is a new Human-Computer Interface for interactive media on large screens and AR/VR platforms. It utilizes voice and gestures to naturally control UI elements such as Maps, Photos and Youtube using interfaces like those featured in Minority Report and Iron Man.
- PlaySpark is creating the next generation of social gaming in Augmented Reality.
- Realism is a 3-d science simulation platform that teaches secondary school science concepts through real world labs and engages students through gamification.
- SitNPlay Games is an E-Sports platform that connects players all around the globe providing ad-hoc competitions for real prizes that can be cashed out by the users trough PayPal, Bitcoin, Rixty Credits or even Steam Gift Cards.
- Toucan AI is the only platform that allows you to create conversational AI characters with their own memories and personalities.
- Whetstone Technologies is a software company building a platform to enable easy creation of voice applications for Amazon’s Alexa, Google Home and other voice technologies with a specific focus on the healthcare vertical.