The fate of narrative. What is happening to our culture’s stories and story-tellers? What has been the impact, what is the future import of the proliferation of audiences, creators and of ways to communicate on unstable platforms?
Public spheres. How are new technologies transforming our public discourse? Are newspapers dead or merely reinventing themselves digitally? What skills will be essential for journalists of the digital age? Who will be the journalists of the digital age? What hybrid forms are already emerging?
Visions, Nightmares. What concrete emerging practices or developments inspire optimism in you, what tendencies most trouble you?
- Joshua Benton, Nieman Journalism Lab, Harvard
- Kathleen Fitzpatrick, Pomona College
- Mark Leccese, Emerson College
- Klaus Peter Muller, Johannes Gutenberg University, Germany
- Moderator: David Thorburn, MIT