Join the WCC in celebrating the National Day on Writing during the week of October 20th by Writing Together Online every day, Monday through Thursday! During each session, we will raffle two prizes.
Our sessions seek to create a community of writers who connect, set realistic goals, and write together to motivate each other and make progress on their academic projects.
This program is open to graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, researchers, faculty, or staff, who are actively writing their proposals, manuscripts, theses, dissertations, chapters, or books.
Feel free to register for any number of sessions, from one to all through this link.
- Monday, October 19th, 3-4:30pm
- Tuesday, October 20th, 10-11:30am and 1-2:30pm
- Wednesday, October 21st, 3-4:30pm
- Thursday, October 22nd, 10-11:30am
To participate in this program:
1. Pre-register through this registration link and we will send you the link to connect.
2. Set up your laptop, books, articles, water, and snacks.
3. Connect through the link 5-7 minutes before the event.
What to expect during this event:
1. We will start with a short announcement about this program;
2. We will ask all participants to fill out a writing goal for the session and a few specific tasks in the Google Drive spreadsheet pasted in the chat;
3. We will then send everyone to breakout rooms to write;
4. The facilitator will be in the main room to answer short questions;
5. About 10 minutes before the end of the program, we will ask everyone to share what they were able to accomplish and we will invite everyone to fill out the evaluation survey pasted in the chat.
NOTE: We are planning to continue these sessions in November and December. Stay tuned!