About Scheduling Appointments
The Writing and Communication Center offers free one-on-one professional advice from communication experts to MIT undergraduates, graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, faculty, staff, visiting scholars, and scientists.
- The WCC is staffed completely by MIT lecturers, who are experienced classroom instructors of communication as well as published writers.
- All our consultations are held remotely during the academic year 2020-2021.
- When you make an appointment, you receive information about the procedure. See the sign-in page at mit.mywconline.com for complete instructions for remote WCC consultations. When we return to our offices, we look forward to meeting with you in Building E18, Room 233, 50 Ames Street.
- When you register in the scheduling system WCOnline, please register only 1 email address, which should be your MIT email address. Registering more than 1 email address will result in loss of appointment-making privileges.
- Our consultations help you produce outstanding written, visual, and spoken communication.
- You may visit the Center during any stage of the thinking or writing process: finding a topic or idea, prewriting, writing a first draft, revising, or editing.
Please Note: The WCC is not a proofreading service; it is a teaching institution. Our motto is “be a better writer.” We treat writing as a process, and our goal is to clarify and promote techniques of good writing.
About Writing Consultations
- Consultations begin on the hour and last up to fifty (50) minutes (e.g., an appointment starts at 1:00 p.m. and ends at 1:50 p.m.).
- You can make two appointments per week. Limitations: 1) You can have up to 3 scheduled appointments at any one time. 2) You can only have one appointment per day. This is to provide advice to as many clients as possible.
- You may consult the WCC at anytime. Examples: Before you have written anything (e.g., to discuss the implications of the assignment, to brainstorm ideas), in the midst of writing your first draft, after the first draft is finished, after you have received a corrected document back from your professor.
- If you are working on a document, please upload to your appointment: (1) the assignment and (2) your draft. If you haven’t written anything yet, please bring (1) the assignment and (2) your goals.
- Think ahead of time about what concerns you have about your document or assignment.
About the Waiting List
If no time slot is available (everything is booked) and you wish to make an appointment:
- On the scheduler, click Waiting List in the lower right-hand corner of the day you wish to be added to the Waiting List.
- Add your name to the Waiting List for either any open appointment or for a specific time or WCC lecturer.
- The online scheduler will notify you via email or text the moment there is a cancellation and a time slot becomes available.
- Go immediately go to the scheduler to book the appointment.
Policies: Cancellations and No-Shows
Cancellations: To cancel an appointment, please go to the online scheduler and cancel your appointment as soon as you can, but no later than 60 minutes before your appointment (so that someone has a chance to use that appointment slot). Please do not email or call the WCC and say you want to cancel; you must cancel your appointment on the online scheduler.
Late Policy: If you do not connect within the first 10 minutes of your appointment, we count this appointment as a “no-show,” and your appointment-making privileges are restricted (see below).
No Shows: If you miss an appointment without canceling in advance (i.e., if you are a “no show”), your appointment-making privileges will be automatically rescinded for one week. Also, any pre-existing appointments you have for one week will be canceled automatically.
If you are a no-show a second time, you will not be allowed to make another appointment for a month and any pre-existing appointments will be canceled. If you are a no-show a third time, you will not be able to make an appointment for the rest of the semester and any pre-existing appointments will be canceled. This policy exists to prevent appointment slots from going to waste when other clients need them.