The Online Writing and Communication Center offers resources for writers, speakers, and teachers.
- Resources for Writers: Advice on understanding an assignment, the writing process (prewriting, drafting, revising, editing), introduction strategies, conclusion strategies, organizational strategy (forecasting) , analyzing your own style, grammar, and avoiding plagiarism. You may also get information about ESL sites.
- Resources for Speakers: Advice on writing a speech, methods of delivery, elements of an effective oral presentation, and the use of visuals.
- Resources for Teachers: Services the WCC can offer for individual courses, strategies for creating effective writing and speaking assignments, methods for adding a writing or speaking component to your course, suggestions about writing effective letters of recommendation, techniques for addressing ESL (English as a Second Language) issues, how to detect plagiarism, how to prevent plagiairism, and several online sites that provide additional types of advice.
- Mayfield Handbook Index (MIT only)
- International Writing Centers Association’s Resources for Writers